Sunday, November 26, 2006

Certified

I did it! I actually did it! I am officially a Certified Sommelier! On November 13th I successfully passed the Court of Master Sommelier's Certified Sommelier Exam. It was unbelievably difficult, but I pulled it off. This can only lead to bigger and better things. Even though it takes a few years for new vines to produce quality grapes, the world of wine changes at a rapid pace. There are new wines and new wine regions emerging on a regular basis. It's a pleasure to keep up.

2 comments:

lratterman said...

Congrats! I am taking mine next week in Denver. Any tips/areas I should focus on? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Michael Hughes said...

Good luck! My advice would be to not lead yourself astray during the blind tasting. I laid out the correct path for myself and got the proper descriptors but lead myself astray. In the end I picked the wrong varietal but still got points for the descriptors. Just pay attention to the map you lay out for yourself and don't sway from it. I'm sure you'll do great.