Monday, October 24, 2011

Piggy Ears

I love pork. Sometimes I think I have a unhealthy relationship with pork. Not even kidding. One of my favorite parts of the pig is the ear. One of my favorite preparations I've ever had of said ear is at Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen. Recently (well not almost two months ago but hey I've been busy with wedding stuff!) my husband Kelly & I ate at AMIK with our very good friend Allison. I ordered the pig ear salad & they sent out this:



What we have here is pig ear & Benton bacon hash topped with a runny fried egg. It was perfection. Crispy, yet creamy gelatinous ears with smoky bacon & a luscious egg. Oh...my....god.

But wait! There's more! The guys also sent us out this:



Pig ears with fig agrodolce. Sweet, sour, slightly spicy. Absolutely wonderful. If I can tempt just one person to steer away from the pedestrian cuts of pork & explore the others then I have done my job.

No comments: