Tuesday, May 15, 2007

In Memory of Otis




I've lost my best friend. Recently, I had to endure the tragedy of having to put my dog Otis to sleep. I miss him more than I can verbalize. He was only 9 years old and should have had much more time in this world. I miss him so much. This house of ours seems painfully empty. There will never be another soul like him. I miss him. He was loved so dearly. I loved him with all my heart. This world is worse off without him.

I miss you so much Otis. We'll never, ever forget you. Every glass of wine I raise will be to you. Every crumb I drop on the floor when preparing a meal will be for you.

I miss you.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Condolences on the loss of your beautiful dog. My parents' yellow lab died of a heart attack recently and it's been difficult on the whole family.

As for my own, Wolfgang is 9 and Macbeth is 8. I read stories like yours and just want to hold my dogs close.

I assure you that in this house, glasses and water bowls will be raised in honor of Otis this weekend.

--Benito
http://wine-by-benito.blogspot.com

La C. said...

I am so sorry. There seems to be a lot of folks losing puppies lately. Makes me wanna give mine a hug.

Papa Squirrel said...

I'm so sorry about your puppy. We know exactly how you feel. We have the same empty spot since we lost our Ursula. We'll be thinking about you. Best wishes.

Michael Hughes said...

Thank you guys, for the sweet thoughts. Memphis is such a dog lover's city, it makes me feel a little better. Hug all your puppies for me.

alex said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
alex said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
alex said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.