Thursday, August 06, 2009

Inspired to Pop A Little SB


So I was reading my friend Sam's blog yesterday. I love how she does, for lack of a better term, tells it like it is. Unfiltered & raw. This latest post was about how sauvignon blanc is a bit...maligned shall we say? I've enjoyed many a sauv blanc over the years & think that this grape produces quite lovely wines. I don't really care for the New Zealand versions so much but they have their place. It inspired me to pop open a little SB myself. I have a glass of Leeuwin Estate Siblings Sauvignon Blanc-Semillon 2008 Margaret River, Australia. Right off the bat I get aromas of fresh cut jalapeno & tomato vine with a hint of a citrusy, creamy note. The palate is lithe & clean with bright, but not overwhelming, acidity. The finish is moderate & leaves a pleasant mineral note behind. I wish I had some oysters or fresh clams with this little gem.

2 comments:

Samantha Dugan said...

Awe, thanks for reading Michael! I adore you and am glad you gave a nod to my beloved Sauvignon Blanc

Michael Hughes said...

Of course my dear! It is my "must read".