Wednesday, August 31, 2011

New Wave


I've been experimenting with cocktails again & here is a delicious wine I created. It's a play off the classic Negroni which employs gin, Campari & sweet vermouth. One of my favorite spirits to play with lately is Solerno Blood Orange Liqueur. It's bright fresh & somehow more exotic than most other orange liqueurs. Yes it is sweet but it's balanced by the blood orange's hint of bitterness & it can easily be a component in many drinks.

Sicilian

2 oz gin (preferably 209 or Corsair Artisan)

1 oz Solerno

1.5 oz Sweet Vermouth (preferably Carpano Antica or Dolin Rouge)

2 dashes Angostura Bitters

4 dashes Fee Brothers Grapefruit Bitters


It is refreshing, crisp, bright & has a back note of bitterness that is absolutely delicious.


2 comments:

The Chubby Vegetarian said...

I'll have 2.

Michael Hughes said...

I will gladly fix you both one, or two....or three